About Our Practice
The aim of the rehabilitation centre is to return our patients to their community as independent as possible according to their abilities and injury. Rehabilitation is a very important part of our patient’s recovery. It is however important to know that changes and improvements in function will not happen all at once. Rehabilitation is a lifelong process. We offer interdisciplinary expertise in acute functional rehabilitation. Our interdisciplinary team consists of: Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Rehabilitation doctors including Orthopaedic surgeons and Neurologists, Social Workers, Speech Therapist and experienced professional nurses. We also have consulting Orthotists and Dieticians.
Our Core Values
Put the wellness of our patients first.
Provide measurable, outcome-based rehabilitation.
Using all available resources optimally.
Retain professionalism and friendliness throughout.
Remaining goal orientated.
Keep patients and their families well-informed to ensure peace of mind.
Our Vision As a Rehabilitation Centre
The rehabilitation centre at Muelmed is committed to enabling all who pass through our doors to realise and achieve their full potential through a comprehensive and integrated rehabilitation service. We offer interdisciplinary expertise in acute functional rehabilitation, and have dedicated teams for our spinal, neuro, paediatric and outpatient units
What Makes Us Different?
- Full on-board team.
- Outpatient therapy service.
- Regular patient follow-up post discharge.
- Pre discharge evaluation of home and work environment, where necessary.
- Family training and sducation.
- Access to acute hospital services.
- Family meatings prior to discharge.
- Additional assistance with wheelchair assessment, orientation and recreational activities for neuro and amputee patients.
- Socio-emotional support groups.
- Monthly patient excursions to the zoo, movies, picnics etc.
- Pressure mapping clinic.